Monday, April 13, 2009

ooh ooh, read this!

Minneapolis singer/songwriter Adam Svec (of The Glad Version) recently did a brief-but-great interview which is published on the Internets. I mentioned him last January (amongst a lot of other things) when I was on a steady diet of French poetry and his debut solo album, Enemy Swimmer, and this is a totally interesting interview if you're into hearing about other people's creative processes.

Reading it makes me realize that I probably won't ever have the gift for melody. I can get close but I'm never going to write an "Amazing Grace" or "Here Comes the Sun" because my ear focuses almost exclusively on harmony. Is that a loss or a gain? Sigh...or cheer...or whatever.

Click here to read it. Here's Adam playing a fat guitar. I can't wait for his/their next album.

No comments: