Wednesday, April 1, 2009

greece - part 1

I spent all of last week on a vacation in and around Greece. I was going to write a long, involved entry about it but I'm really tired with the jet lag that I thought I could avoid by abusing Tylenol PM to time-travel the flight from Frankfurt to Chicago (it worked but nature kicked my ass a day later in revenge). In that spirit-and-lack-of-energy I thought I'd post some pictures I snapped while in the Mediterranean. What follows includes the following:
  • sunset over the Patras Gulf
  • some Greek food
  • the ruins at ancient Olympia
  • me getting bested in the Olympic footrace by 3 high school boys (I beat the girl, though...hah!)
  • some more ruins
  • ancient Greek glass
  • some more food
  • Mount Panahaikon
  • the bridge across the Gulf of Corinth
  • scenes from the bus window
  • the Greek independence day parade in Galaxhidi
  • sunset over the ocean wall at Nafpaktos
  • the ruins at Delphi
Enjoy. I'll try and post some more later.


















































































































































































































































































No comments: