Tuesday, August 7, 2007

mt. rushmore

On the way back from Seattle last June, we stayed in Sheridan, Wyoming. While we were there we ate at the Sheridan Inn (the home of Buffalo Bill and his western/cowboy/side-show company).













We started with fried green tomatoes and a side of crayons. I haven't eaten those since I was 3 or something.













My meal came with the best gumbo I've ever had.













I don't remember exactly what cut this steak was but, holy hell, it was good. They don't mess around when it comes to beef in Wyoming. Not even potatoes were allowed to foul this thing.













What cross-country drive on I-90 would be complete without a visit to Mount Rushmore? Touristy, I know. But it's always nice to see those iconic things in person. It's not as big as I thought it was going to be. As you can see, we have Presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Frankenstein.

No comments: