Sunday, August 12, 2007

evolution of a dance

I'm sure I'm WAY behind the curve on these things but a friend of mine showed me the Evolution of a Dance thing on YouTube yesterday. If you haven't seen it's totally worth checking out. I love it when he goes into the Brady Bunch thing.

There is also the Filipino prisoner version. Someone please explain this to me.

Another all-nighter for this composer. The piece (tentatively titled Iron Sharpens Iron) has turned into a Michael Torke-esque, post-minimalist ordeal that develops over time. It's good for the short proverb I've chosen but can be tedious with all the copying and pasting that goes on. Luckily when I went to Starbucks tonight they messed up my drink and, because of that, they gave me both a regular and an iced mocha. I'll probably be up for a while...

3 comments:

Wai Yien said...

nice travel n living blog, when i last visited CN tower, DSLR weren't born yet, sigh

http://wai-yien.blogspot.com/

Kigozi Petero said...

The Filipino thang has been cleverly edited, but it looks to me like some incarnation of a recent dance/meditation trend that's been popular in other areas of East Asia. I've seen video of similar things in Tokyo, Shanghai, and Beijing. Not sure about the prisoner part of things, and it's hard to separate what's actually in the dance from what the editor wants us to see, right? My theory: chances are there are bits and pieces of Taoist Tai Chi, Michael Jackson, Elvis, and a range of other things all put together for the actual dancers. The editing sure is convincing though, isn't it?

Cheers-kp

Kigozi Petero said...

P.S. . . . You post-modern Starbucks and YouTube composer you . . .