Monday, July 2, 2007

Music crosses borders

I injured my back this year in a teaching accident (don't' be fooled...conducting can be very dangerous) so I've been getting massage therapy when it flames up every couple of months. Since my masseuse, Mikayla, is so into music we've been talking about bands that we like, music we listened to in middle school, good classical stuff, etc. for most of the time I'm "on the table." She's very knowledgeable about good stuff that's going on at the moment and, when I mentioned that I enjoyed Death Cab for Cutie's stuff, we had a great time talking about it. Today when I went in I brought Transatlanticism, The Photo Album and The Stability EP with me to listen to instead of the muzak that she usually has on (which she doesn't actually like). Thanks to Ben Gibbard, Chris Walla and Co. I got an extra 20 minutes and a reduced rate. Thanks a lot, fellas!

No comments: