Friday, July 20, 2007

California

It's been WAY too long since I posted anything...too many trips and not enough time to sit around and write about them I suppose. Every 5 years the entire Shank clan gathers somewhere in the US for a family reunion of sorts. This time around we landed in Stinson Beach, California (a beach community outside of San Francisco) for a week. It was a lot of fun.

Here's my encounter with a skimmer board. I did very poorly.













A few of us ventured back across the Golden Gate for a day in Frisco itself. The highlight for me was Alcatraz. The audio tour was amazing (and free!) and contributed to an eery scene if you didn't take it. Iimagine the prison cafeteria nearly full of people who are all just shuffling around the room not saying anything because they're all listening. It's not often that you see 70+ people all quietly pondering something.

Looking out into San Francisco Bay with my dad and sister, Caitlin. If the Shank family ever does a Christian rock album this will be the cover.













Playing some tunes with Kate.












All in all it was a damn good trip. We all mix pretty well together and I can't wait for the next time around. For now I'll be concentrating on the premiere of Color Madrigals, Vol. 2 this Sunday with the Summer Singers. I went to a rehearsal last Tuesday and they are singing the bejeezus out of them. It's gonna be sweet.

No comments: