Saturday, November 17, 2007

new scores

It's a slow blog day but, on the bright side, Santa Barbara sent me the scores for two new pieces, Sleeping Out: Full Moon and A Christmas Carol, in the mail yesterday. Daniel Hughes (the amazing conductor of The Choral Project) was kind enough to put them in his choral series.













Commissioned by the Young New Yorker's Chorus and the Mesa High School A Cappella Choir respectively they are both for choir and piano. A Christmas Carol was my first stab at setting prose (it's on an excerpt from Dickens' book of the same name) after listening to a ton of Dominick Argento's work and Sleeping Out: Full Moon was my first experience with the poetry of Englishman Rupert Brooke. If you don't know his work you should definitely check it out. I posted the Young New Yorker's Chorus performance of Sleeping Out: Full Moon on my MySpace page if you'd like to listen.

No comments: