Sunday, October 28, 2007

wedding

In the summer of 2005, I was commissioned by an old college friend to write an arrangement of the Irish folksong, The Minstrel Boy. That same college friend got married last weekend in Milwaukee and yours truly was in the wedding choir (my second in as many weeks).

Never having been to Milwaukee I decided to drive around a bit and see what I could find. Since I didn't have a bunch of time I made it to a Caribou Coffee (see previous entry) and a sushi restaurant called Samurai. Despite the fact that I was next to Lake Michigan (as opposed to right on a coast somewhere) the sushi was excellent.













Now, your normal wedding reception fare usually consists of a chicken breast, steamed green beans and a potato of some sort (usually mashed). Not so at this gathering. They served this amazing plate of pot roast, chicken Kiev (I think), risotto and vegetables. It was unbelievably good.













Another highlight of this particular wedding was that Tony wrote a brand new piece for his wife. Myself and 6 other men sang it for their candle lighting. How many world premieres take place at weddings!?













Congratulations Tony and Katherine!

No comments: