Wednesday, October 17, 2007

take a breather

I finished work on Renascence Monday and sent it off. Damn that feels good. I might just be composing music because I'm addicted to the feeling of being done (although hearing it performed for the first time is pretty awesome). I'm on a tight schedule for the rest of the year, though, since the final volume of Color Madrigals are due at the drop of the new year. This, of course, means that I'll need to get them done before then so I can ring in 2008 with style instead of stressed. Anyway...

I'm going in for LASIK eye surgery tomorrow (something which will definitely provide this tired, verbose blog with some long-needed pictures). I forgot to ask if they can videotape the surgery because I most definitely want to see what it looked like when I intentionally let someone take a knife to my eyeballs and then shoot laser beams into them. I'll be all whacked out on on whatever they give me so I'm sure I won't notice. Supposedly they give you these enormous goggles to wear afterwards so you don't touch your eyes in your sleep. If they let me keep them I'm going to try and incorporate them into my Halloween costume for this year. Last year I was Fraternity Party Moses:













You can't see it in the picture but the back of my shirt says "Drink 'Til The Bush Talks" and I had a sweet walking staff to smite the Pharaoh with. I'm thinking something along the lines of Tennis Player Jesus this year. Maybe Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter? Who knows?

So it's off to start working on those madrigals. I'll be done with John Keats for a while for sure.

In other news I found a multi-track recording of David's Lamentation by a guy named Curtis Allen from I-don't-know-where singing all 8 parts. You can find it here. He doesn't go for the soprano 1 high 'A' at the climax but, thankfully, no mortal man past puberty has the ability to do that anymore. Times have changed. Mahalo.

No comments: