Tuesday, August 25, 2009

currently listening

So, Imogen Heap's new album, Ellipse, just came out today. Wow. It's just amazing. I'm still processing what I'm hearing because it is so singular. Once I get this one all listened to I'm going after Matisyahu's new album, Light, which also came out today.




















My hands down favorites are "Bad Body Double" (it's a lesson in the percussiveness of rapid-fire words) and the track immediately after, "Aha!" (it reminds me of a good Danny Elfman score to a good Tim Burton film). Everyone should go out and get it today!

2 comments:

artclectic said...

For whatever reason, I've heard her stuff elsewhere but never taken your cue to pick up a CD. Last night I changed that, and I couldn't go to sleep until I had listened to the whole thing. Generally I listen several times before reacting to anything, but my first impression of this is VERY positive. Thanks for the recommendation!

Joshua Shank said...

No problem! It's such a great CD. I've been listening to it on a loop for my runs around Lake of the Isles!