Tuesday, March 25, 2008

blue












I uploaded the Singers' recording of Blue! 'Tis the Life of Heaven onto the MySpace page. If you're looking for the song that I deleted so I could put it there (Sleeping Out: Full Moon) you can still find it on the Young New Yorkers' Chorus MySpace page or at my homepage.

Denver's Kantorei has also included a stunning performance of Musica animam tangens on their MySpace page. That piece has been performed by countless choirs around the US (including the US government's own Air Force Singing Sergeants) as well as South Africa and Australia but I think, hands down, Kantorei takes it. They always bite off enormous chunks of repertoire and perform them with such integrity. Check out their reading of Ravel's Ronde if you're there. It's really friggin' difficult.

And since I'm in the mood to talk about MySpace pages you should immediately go and check out the Twin Cities' own Spaghetti Western String Co. for some of the most amazing music being written today. I rehearsed their Ellesmere Island in preparation to make the recording that is featured there but had to drop out at the last minute...much to my exasperation when I heard the (extraordinary!) final cut. Luckily I was able to work and record with composer Nicholas Lemme again when I sang bass for his ballet score, The Silents. He is brilliant!

Here's a pic from that experience.

No comments: