Tuesday, November 10, 2009

reelin' in the years OR how many finnish conductors does it take to watch a steely dan concert?

The answer to that question: at least one that I talked to. I totally ran into Osmo Vänskä at Northrop last Sunday when I went to a Steely Dan concert with my dad.















They played their entire album, Aja, front-to-back and, although my experience with SD flows only from their greatest hits and quasi-cameos in the Yacht Rock episodes (you should check that link if you're a 70s rock fan...Eagles!), I'm really glad I went to this. It was some good father/son time and they are incredible musicians. There was a full compliment of brass on stage with a trio of back-up singers in sparkly dresses and a whole bunch of others (a total of 13 people).

Time well spent.

Mahalo.

No comments: