Saturday, August 30, 2008

yearbook yourself

I just found a really great web resource: Yearbook Yourself. It's super funny. Just take an eyes-front photo of yourself and you can see what you would look like in different eras of...uh...fashion?

Here's the picture I used. This is me with identical twins Michael and Matthew Culloton (who are both, coincidentally, maverick choral conductors in Minnesota).










Some are better than others. Here are the "greatest hits" through the proverbial, photoshopped years. Check it out for yourself for a good, hearty laugh.

Joshua Shank in 1960.
















1970: having seen pictures of my father from this era this is insanely spooky and weird (minus the digitally crooked glasses, of course).

















This picture of me (from 1974) is just plain funny.

















The digital incarnation of me from 1978 isn't superficially funny by any means (or...well...maybe it is) but the fact that a quasi-coincidental web program lined up the original photo I selected this well is way cool. Seriously, I look so happy with long hair!
















1984: res ipsa loquitur.
















Ever checked out a certain mullet-devoted website? This picture from 1988 might give me a spot.

No comments: