Saturday, September 22, 2007

out of the frying pan...

It's been WAY too long since I've posted so I'm long overdue. I just started writing a piece on an Edna St. Vincent Millay poem called Renascence. I'm only using an excerpt of it (because it's WAY long) but I think it's going to turn out to be a really nice piece. It will be premiered next spring/winter by the Ankeny High School choir under the direction of Brandon Dean (who graduated, like me, from Luther College...go Norse!). They are a really great group so it's a pleasure to write something for them.

There's really not that much else to report. Since all my trips this year happen near the end of the season I doubt I'll have many photos or posts for a while. On the plus side I just posted a fantastic recording of the Young New Yorkers' Chorus performing their commissioned work, Sleeping Out: Full Moon on the MySpace page. They really did a fantastic job. You can read about my trip to hang out with them here, here and here.

No comments: