Friday, November 26, 2010

currently listening

Did everyone get Ra Ra Riot's new album? Holy shit it is so good. "Boy" is probably my favorite song (I'm always impressed when Wes Niles belts out a high B so effortlessly) but "Too Dramatic" (with its little cowbell thing around 2'30") is a close second. I've seen this band twice (in Minnesota and Michigan) but I had to be somewhere on their last stop through Austin. Hurry back!





















In further demonstration with just how cool she is, Jocelyn Hagen sent me Rihanna's Loud for my birthday this year. Why have I not been listening to this stuff until now? It satisfies my Need for Phat Beatz really well and I'm excited that I've got four previous albums to wade through at some point. "S&M" kicks total ass and "Cheers (Drink To That)" might be my new favorite Song for Boozin' It Up. Mahalo.





















And Ke$ha's new album, Cannibal. Oh, Ke$ha's new album. Damn I love this girl. I've found it's really good music for writing Renaissance counterpoint to. $eriously. "Blow" will knock your brains out and "Crazy Beautiful Life" is actually really heartfelt. When I need to wake up in the morning this album is on repeat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog.

Anonymous said...

Great post. Can’t wait to read the next ones :).