Sunday, May 24, 2009

nice review & some fun juxtaposition

This is a totally gratuitous blog (to distract me from packing up my apartment) but, remember that Son Lux/Nico Muhly concert I just blogged about a few days ago? The Star Tribune just put out a great review. Read it here. (They also kicked out an article a few days prior to the concert that I never read for some reason or another so here it is.)

One of the things I love (and I mean love) about the internets is that the accoutrement which sometimes crowd the pages will give them a little ironic, web-style seasoning. For instance, directly to the southeast of a picture of Muhly was another one of a hardcore NorthStar Roller Girls match. (For the uninitiated, the NSRG is the Twin Cities' own kickass roller derby league.)

The caption read: "Sister Shotgun, of the Banger Sisters, lays out her own version of justice on Tin Lizzy, jammer for the Kilmore Girls in NorthStar Roller Girls action at the Mpls Convention Center."

That's not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of going to see a show by Nico Muhly but, next time I go to a roller derby match, I might just bring my iPod to see how his music holds up in that environment.

No comments: