Monday, September 22, 2008

i'm never gonna dance again...

Someone recently sent me an mp3 of Ben Folds and Rufus Wainwright singing a duet on "Careless Whisper" because, as this person knew, I'm a huge fan of them both. This is apparently the only song that they've ever performed together so I was psyched to hear it. I'm happy to report that it's really well done and extremely entertaining but, unfortunately, it has been lodged in my head for days and days and days.

I've had songs stuck in there before but never this long and, frankly, it's not funny anymore. J. Aaron McDermid told me once that he had Stevie Wonder's "That's What Friends Are For" running on a loop in his brain for something like 10 years and I hope that I haven't just been handed my own personal hell for the next decade.

I sat down at the piano to try and figure it out in an effort to exorcise it but that didn't work.

So then I printed out the lyrics to try and learn them to see if maybe that would do the trick. Nope.

Transposed it out of the original key. Nada.

Listened to the annoying, super-80s, dirty-sax original version by George Michael. Try again.

I need an old priest and a young priest...

No comments: