Monday, June 30, 2008

marching band show + alanis

Google alerts just clued me into a marching band demo written around Musica animam tangens. That's a first and, frankly, pretty cool. I wish the song played in the background while they marched.

You can watch it here. Thanks, William Colwell!













On another note I just picked up Alanis Morissette's new album, Flavors of Entanglement. Like kajillions of people in the mid-90s I bought Jagged Little Pill and wore it out so, when I saw this at the coffee shop the other day, I thought I'd give it a try.















In any case, it was produced by electronica guru Guy Sigsworth (of Frou Frou) so if you like Imogen Heap you'll probably really enjoy this one. It's totally worth the $10 on iTunes but, if you have to buy just one song, it should be Moratorium. Its chorus apparently gave the album its name and, like a lot of her songs about being in a relationship, it's spot-on:

I declare a moratorium on things relationship.
I declare a respite from the toils of liaison.
I do need a breather from the flavors of entanglement.
I declare a full timeout from all things commitment.

No comments: